Growing up, I was never a fan of Deviled Eggs. I didn’t like the yolk part of a hard boiled egg, I didn’t like the way it smelled, I didn’t like the color. As I mature, <COUGH> I find that I DO like hard boiled eggs. While at a wedding this summer I tried a deviled egg. It was LOVE!! I called My Guy Bri immediately to tell him just how wonderful I thought this small golden treat was. He was ecstatic because that meant I would make them. Well, make them I did!
Let me say in advance that I make my own Mayo. I’ll put the recipe for it. It seriously only takes a few minutes (less than 5) to make and it keeps for at least 10 days.
Paleo Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 t stone ground mustard
- 1 C Grapeseed Oil (you can use Olive Oil, or any other kind of oil you are comfortable with)
- Put first 5 ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add in the Oil.
Perfect Hard Boiled Egg with Easy Peel
- 6-12 eggs
- Place eggs into a deep pan
- Fill with water until tops of eggs are covered
- Put on high heat to boil
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat and put a lid on it.
- 15 minutes, drain and put in a large bowl and pop in the fridge overnight.
- When peeling, tap top and bottom then blow through the narrow end.
- Roll egg so it gets cracked all around and begin peeling under a slow stream of cold water.
Now that you have your Mayo and Hard Boiled Eggs peeled, you can continue on to these delicious Golden Beauties!
- 6-12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Stone Ground Mustard
- White Vinegar
- Bacon (Crumbled)
- Cook bacon!!! 4 Slices is plenty for a dozen eggs.
- Cut eggs in half (long way) and use a spoon to remove yolk, set into a medium bowl.
- Mix, using a fork, egg yolks with vinegar (1T for a dozen, 1.5 t for 6), Mustard (1 T for a dozen, 1.5 t for 6), bacon, salt & pepper to taste, Mayonnaise until consistency is correct. Smooth but not too stiff or too runny.
- Once smooth, spoon into egg halves. If you want, you can put mixture into a baggie and snip the corner and push the mixture into the eggs.
- Sprinkle with Paprika and enjoy!