We’ve recently started making some Paleo meals, for my health. We had to find a curry that my kids would eat (Indian is a bit too spicy for them). My Guy Bri found a Thai Chicken Curry recipe that we love and we modified it!!
Here are the ingredients –
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons of Red Curry Paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in thin strips
- 1 teaspoons of Fish Sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1-8oz package sliced mushrooms
- 1-13.5 oz can of Coconut Milk (we use full fat)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, coarsely chopped
To make this please follow these directions —
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add Curry Paste and saute until dissolved.
- Add garlic and onion. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and Fish Sauce. Stir-fry until opaque. DO NOT PUKE OR GAG BECAUSE OF THE SMELL! I will not lie, IT IS HORRIBLE!!!
- Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, Coconut Milk and lime juice.
- Stir well. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chopped basil and serve.
This is delicious on it’s own, or if you like, you can serve it over rice. Lovey Levin and Rose LOVE this meal!! We really had to tweak the Curry vs Fish Sauce amounts to get it to our liking but once we did, this became a weekly meal!!