Since I am now Paleo for health concerns and Lovey Levin is done his Gluten Challenge, I wanted to find a snack everyone could eat and enjoy…. Boy did I find it and modified it, of course!!
Lovey has named them Turd Nuggets, but they are essentially DIY Lara Bars.
- 1/3 C of dates (that’s a chopped measurement, so I use 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 C of craisins (raisins would work too!)
- 1/4 C of cashews (I usually use raw organic but I just ran out)
- 1/8 – 1/4 C of Enjoy Life chocolate (whatever you have on hand)
- Toss the measured amount of Dates and Craisins into your food processor. I use my nutribullet with the regular shake blade (not the milling blade). Scoop into a bowl after everything is fully processed.
- Now toss in your chips and nuts! Do the same thing!
- Knead the two items together until it looks like a gigantic TURD (true story)!!
- Pinch off a small bit and now roll into balls.
I store mine in a lidded bowl, in the fridge. You think they would stick together but they don’t too much. Just give them a strong shake and they will all separate. We go through these so quickly in my house that they usually don’t make it to the fridge.