We needed a change up in the kitchen… too much chicken, to date. We needed to use up the ground beef sitting in my freezer. The mushrooms needed to be used up too! So I decided to make some Beef Stroganoff. I only had to make ONE modification to make this recipe Gluten Free, so it was a pretty easy one to do.
- 1lb of ground beef
- 3T of GF all purpose flour
- 2t salt
- 3T butter
- 1lb sliced mushrooms (white or baby bellas)
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1T tomato paste
- 10 oz beef broth
- 1 c sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Brown ground beef (strain if necessary, I didn’t as there wasn’t much fat). Put aside
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until nearly done. 6-7 minutes. Put aside (same bowl as meat)
- Add butter to pan, blend in GF flour to make your roux. Add in tomato paste and blend well.
- Stir in broth, continue to stir over medium heat until bubbling and thick.
- Return meat, onions, mushrooms and garlic to pan and mix well then stir in Sour Cream. Allow to reheat to low simmer.
We served this over Gluten Free Fusilli and used baby peas as a side. It was delicious!!