You see those granola bars in the grocery store and you know how easy they are to just take and go… don’t you miss those days of just “grab and go”? Well, I’m here to give them back to you!! You can thank me later! These are SUPER EASY to make, carry AND eat!! Here’s how to do it! These are also VERY easy to customize. So make it your own!
- 2 1/2 C of rice cereal (I have used Vanilla Chex and regular Chex – You could used GF puffed rice cereal or any other GF cereal you like!! Mix it up and make it your own – but make sure it’s 2 1/2c – I crush my cereal to make it that amount)
- 1 1/4 C of GF Quick Oats (If you are using long cook oats – toss them in the food processor and give them a few pulses and ~ voila ~ you have quick oats!)
- 1/2 C of mix ins (I use dried fruit – cranberries, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, etc. If they are large, I’ll grind them a bit to make them smaller)
- 1/2 C Peanut Butter (You could use any substitute for this – sunbutter, etc.)
- 1/2 C Honey (or Agave, or Maple Syrup)
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- Combine and mix first three ingredients and mix well.
- Bring Honey, Sugar and Salt to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes (VERY IMPORTANT!!)
- Remove from heat and add in Peanut Butter and Vanilla Extract (Extract may bubble – use caution)
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together well (I like to use my hands after the spoon stops being effective)
- Press firmly into a greased pan and allow to cool before serving (2 hours).
When I put my granola bars into the pan, I press them into a greased mini muffin pan. Make sure you press them good.
I’ve made multiple kinds and played with amounts of the liquids and dry ingredients. This is the recipe that keeps everyone coming back for more. Sometimes I have a bit of drier granola leftover afterwards, this tastes VERY good mixed in with yogurt.