Oh, Chicken Pot Pie, how I have missed you!! It’s been so long! Really… Almost a year. I hesitated using the gluten free preprocessed pie crust, and my last attempt at homemade gluten free pie crust left me in tears and my pie crust in pieces… don’t judge me. So after looking at the GF Pillsbury Pie Crust, in the refrigerated section of the grocery for MONTHS, I bought it. I brought it home and I made CHICKEN POT PIE!!! And it was DELICIOUS!!!!
Here’s my recipe, my sister in law shared it with us and I adapted it for Gluten Free.
- 1/3 C BUTTER
- 1/3 C GLUTEN FREE FLOUR MIX
- 1/3 C CHOPPED ONION COOKED
- 1t SALT
- 1/2t PEPPER
- 1 3/4 C CHICKEN BROTH (SWANSON ORGANIC IS GF)
- 2/3 C MILK
- 4 CARROTS CHOPPED AND COOKED
- 2 MEDIUM POTATOES CHOPPED AND COOKED
- 2-3 CHICKEN BREAST HALVES DICED AND COOKED
- MINCED GARLIC AS NEEDED 😉
- Heat butter until melted.
- Stir in GF flour and mix well.
- Mix in onion, salt and pepper.
- Stir constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from heat to stir in milk and broth.
- Return to heat and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil an additional minute.
- Stir in Chicken, Potatoes and Carrots.
- Roll out Pie Crust per instructions for Bottom and Top.
- Pour Mixture into Pie pan and top with Pie Crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, top with tin foil lightly, then bake for another 10 minutes.